Saturday, February 18, 2012

Making the Travel Insurance Claim

In the beginning of February upon returning home and as instructed by IF's emergency phone agent we made the travel insurance claim.

I wont spend too much time on this point but OMG what a painful user experience that was. Seemed to be using a web service that looked and behaved like something from the stoneage or at least late 90's. With my poor English education i am not sure which came first ;-)

Anyway after the second attempt and after having their service crash i managed to submit which admittedly was a shortened version of the original claim. It was without the receipts as attachments because i could not figure out how or if it was possible to attach them to the message but it was done and i expected them to contact me for the other relevant info such as the receipts.

In any case i decided to sit back throw my arms in the air, wrap them around the back of  my head and relax. I had that nice warm feeling inside because i had been smart to enough to get travel insurance and that everything was going to be ok. The gamble had paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment