Monday, February 27, 2012

Daily Summary 8 and 9. Sorry i have been away.

Hi there faithful followers, sorry i have not been so active over the weekend. Let me explain,

When i started this endeavour i thought that if i could attract a lot of traffic to my blog i would be able to put alot of pressure onto If Vahinkovakuutus to conform to my wishes and agree to my terms.

I have been pretty happy with the amount of traffic i had generated regarding this story however to generate that amount of traffic did require an awful lot of effort and most importantly time.

This does not include only writing these posts and tweeting that they are out there. I have been spending an awful lot of time thinking about SEO and adding my blog to various blog directories (i will write about SEO for blogs when i get a chance). This is work that as a visitor is going on behind the scenes and requires a lot of effort.

Well in short the ammount of time i was spending on this especially in the evenings started to really affect my own personal home life and started to really annoy my girlfriend even though what i was attempting was in both of our interest.

In earlier posts i wrote about what was the ROI on this endeavour for If Vahinkovakuutus. Perhaps i should have thought about what is the ROI on this for me personally. Yes i have learned alot by doing about social engagement, yes i have been able to engage If vahinkovakuuts publically and have managed to cause them public embarassment and pain but at what price. Even if i was able to change If' vahinkovakuutus's policies and protect their other customers from having this experience. Even if i was able to get If vahinkovakuutus to agree to pay my costs caused by their miscommunication then this would still have been a huge layout in terms of my personal time and my own ROI. I guess then that this has made me an activist. I have never thought as myself as one before but i guess when you fight for something for the good of others way above your own personal good then this makes you an activist.

I guess in my naivity i thought that having read a lot of stories about how social media can go viral and spread and grow at unbelievable rates. I had thought that this would have happenned also to my story. I had thought that if i could trigger this kind of viral spreading then the resolution i was looking for with If vahinkovakuutus quickly and due to popular demand. Well as this has not happenned and i have not been able to engineer this then i will no longer spend a large part of my day attempting to do so.

However i have established a steady daily traffic of visits from people who are interested in this story so i can continue this endeavour by adding content here and finishing the story.

In any case, in this blog,  If vahinkovakuutus will have a permanent record of how this customer service story was handled and long after i have stopped and this story ends there will be a constant reminder to If vahinkovakuutus and to anyone who finds this story that something was tried that as far as i can see was never tried before and that it may even have been succesful.

No comments:

Post a Comment